Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Don't forget to feed the dog"

Those were Ryan's last words to me before he said goodbye for his 8 day backpacking trip to the Grand Canyon. Hmmm, how did he know that the dog would be forgotten? Could it be because I have four human children to take care of? Laundry to keep up with, house to keep a little organized - at best, lunches made, breakfast before 7AM, kids to school and daycare, an 8 hour work day (followed by 2-3 hours at night from home), kids to evening activities, bathed and all put to bed. I know, I am preaching to the masses on this topic. I guess it is my way of saying, "Sparky (Dog) , I am sorry I missed the sign that you needed to poop so you layed it in the hallway. I didn't beat you for it. And I am sorry that you didn't have water all day today - but thanks for not peeing in the house."
We all miss you Ryan! And look forward to your return. But I think Sparky misses you the most, because you are the only one who notices what he needs. At least Sparky hasn't eaten any chocolate and needed a $650 detox.
This is a photo of Nicole and I missing Ryan/Daddy.
Ryan has the camera. When he returns I am sure there will be plenty of grubby man pictures to post. Good thing you won't be able to smell them!







3 comments:

The Schooley's said...

Poor Sparky!! I am glad I won't be able to smell the pix as well!! Grin. Loved the pix of you & Nicole.

Rachelle said...

Only a few more days left! :)

Jacci said...

When we were first married and Matt would leave town Sandy would go on a hunger strike on not eat for days. On the fourth day he ate, but only after I put bacon fat on his food.